Posting Date: 25 September 2017
Number of position: 4
Closing Date: When the relevant positions are filled
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) seeks applications for the position of Research Associate / Research Assistant for up to a 3-year term (renewable).
Candidates who possess a strong interest and relevant research experience in the following fields are invited to apply:
• Qualitative analysis
• Data analytics
• Science of Learning
• Education / Psychology
• Technology and Learning
• Adult Learning
Successful candidate(s) will have opportunities to participate in cutting-edge educational research, including:
• Education neuroscience
• Computer-supported collaborative learning and informal learning
• Methods of learning, instruction, and measurement
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Higher Education, Psychology, Adult Learning or related discipline
• Good statistical knowledge and skills
• Good theoretical knowledge of research designs in general
• Good IT skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and able to work within given deadlines
• Prior experience with social science research and/or user-centered design
• Prior experience with quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Prior experience with academic publication processes
• Good knowledge of Singaporean university structures and settings
• Preference for working collaboratively in teams
• Self-directed learner who effectively picks up relevant skills as needed
• Prior experience in conducting surveys, interviews, psychological testing, cognitive experiments, or neuroimaging studies
• Good knowledge of adult learning and lifelong learning programmes in Singapore
• Prior experience in working with children or older adults
• Prior experience with neuroimaging techniques (e.g., EEG/ERP, MRI, tDCS) and data analysis
• Coordinate communication and meetings between CRADLE researchers, collaborators, and stakeholders
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, letter of application with research interests, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com
About Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Nanyang Technological University (www.ntu.edu.sg
) is a research-intensive university currently ranked 11th globally (QS ranking), placed 1st in Asia and amongst the world’s best young universities. The university has colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and an Interdisciplinary Graduate School.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI), Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N) and the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI).
CRADLE@NTU is a University-level research centre formed in 2014 to address the teaching and learning demands in NTU’s tertiary and continuing education courses. Its multi- and interdisciplinary research projects sit at the intersection of neuroscience, psychology, and pedagogy, and are directed toward the enhancement of educational practice and learning outcomes in NTU.